USA Lacrosse Coach Certification
All NRVLC coaches are required to have a valid USA Lacrosse membership and complete the following tasks.
- Register with USA Lacrosse: Create an account or login to your USA Lacrosse account.
- Complete the required background check: Go to My Account then under Your Profile click Start Background Check. Background checks are valid for 2 years.
- Complete the Online Athlete Abuse Prevention Training: This is a 90-minute course with knowledge checks at the completion of each section and a questionnaire at the end of the course.
- Complete Coach Level 1 Certification: From your User Profile page, click the Menu button in the upper righthand corner. Find E-Learning and then Catalog. Go to Coach Education and Development and then CED Level 1 Courses. All coaches should complete How to Coach Kids and Developing the Individual Athlete. Women's coaches should complete Safe and Legal Defense. Men's coaches should complete How to Make Proper Contact.
- Check your CPR and AED certifications: If AED has expired you can take a refresher course here.
- Complete the HEADS UP Concussion Training: Work through the course located here and then send your certificate to email@example.com.
- Download the Crossbar app: Become familiar with the app and its functions. You should be able to see your team roster, communicate with families via the chat and see player availability.